In bid to encourage innovative Chartered Accountants, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is offering incubation centres to start ups founded by the CA professional.The Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B), ICAI is seeking applications from start-ups desiring space and facilities at incubation centres proposed at ICAI Bhawan, BKC, Mumbai
The Startups interested in applying for incubation centre should meet the following criteria:
• At least one of the Director/ Co-founders of the startps must be Chartered Accountant.
• ‘Start-up’ for this purpose, means the startup defined under Gazette notification no. GSR 364(E) dated 23rd May, 2017 and revised thereafter from time to time issued by Ministry of Commerce & Industry, department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
The interested applicants can apply through online for establishment of Incubatees such as Local Entrepreneurs, Startup Companies, Spin-off from University or R&D Centers and Social Venture or Grass root ventures.
The interested applicants are required to furnish relevant details in support of their applications by logging at https://cpabiplacements.icai.org under the expression of interest head on the Committee portal.
ICAI will provide the following infrastructure to the selected startups
• Space and facilities to be provide for initially six months which may extend further only for 6 months only.
• Sharing phone-lines/ wi-fi-/ internet/ printer etc.
• The space allotted would be solely used for start-up business purpose only.
• ICAI would facilitate linkage with various Government schemes meant for start-ups.
• The existing sharing facilities including Seminar halls, board rooms, and common meeting rooms would be made available to start-ups on demand subject to availability and it is the sole discretion ICAI to accept or reject the request.
Further, ICAI will also make efforts to provide mentoring and knowledge up-gradation assistance.The First meeting of Start-up screening Committee (SSC) is planned in the 3 & 4th week of June 2018.