The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has received the government nominations to the 24th ICAI Council from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India, in pursuance of the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. The affairs of the ICAI are managed by a Council in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. The Council is composed of 40 members of whom 32 are elected by the members and remaining 8 are nominated by the Central Government generally representing the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders.
Following Members have been nominated to the 24th Council of ICAI:
• Shri Anurag Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India
• Shri Gyaneshwar Kumar Singh,Joint Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India
• Ms. Ritika Bhatia,Principal Director (Commercial-II),O/o Comptroller & Auditor General of India
• Dr. Ravi Gupta, Associate Professor, Sri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi
• Shri Sunil Kanoria,SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd.
• Shri Chandra Wadhwa
• Dr. P.C. Jain
• Shri Vijay Kumar Jhalani
Their presence and guidance will help in function effectively for the cause of the profession.